1. To establish regular meet-ups that share and develop interests concerning 3D printing.
2. #3DPM encourages the cross-pollination of ideas and development of expertise not bound by commercial interest.
3. To establish a modest operating fund; paid for by all members to cover costs of meeting places, communication and group projects; transparent and openly accountable to all members.
4. #3DPM seeks to bring together in one venue enough printers and resources for members to explore ideas, learn skills; and to develop the venue as a permanent 3D printing resource and local forum of exchange.
5. To actively promote #3DPM, members are encouraged to post content and links directly and indirectly related to 3D printing.
6. To develop #3DPM as a professional charitable organisation with lobbying strength to further the network aims in 3D printing.
7. Members will periodically (at least every year), democratically review #3DPM operating principles, expenses, procedures, rules, organisation, codes of practice, and other issues.